Governor Brian Kemp declared a state of emergency in Georgia as the state experiences freezing temperatures that will plummet into the teens on November 12-13, 2022.
Below are warming centers that will be open across the state of Georgia.
- Fire Station 3, 100 N. Clarendon Avenue, Avondale Estates, GA 30002
- Fire Station 4, 4540 Flakes Mill Road, Ellenwood, GA 30294
- Fire Station 6, 2342 Flat Shoals Road, Atlanta, GA 30316
- North DeKalb Senior Center, 3393 Malone Drive, Chamblee, GA 30341
City of Atlanta:
- City of Atlanta overflow shelter 3404 Delmar Lane, Atlanta GA 30331- 6pm
- Salvation Army, 469 Marietta Street, Atlanta 30313
- Solomon’s Temple, 2836 Springdale Rd. SW Atlanta 30315
- Gateway Center, 275 Pryor St SW, Atlanta 30303- 7:30pm
- Mission at the Shepherd’s Inn, 156 Mills Street, Atlanta 30313
- Trinity, 265 Washington St SW, Atlanta, GA 30303- 8pm
- City Baptist Rescue Mission, 316 Peters St SW, Atlanta, GA 30313- 4:30pm
- Donna Center, 865 Warner Street SW Atlanta 30310- 4 p.m.
- Atlanta Mission, 156 Mills street, Atlanta- 7 p.m.
- Etris-Darnell Senior Community Center (The Gathering Place) at 5285 Lakeside Drive Union City, GA 3291
- East Point Fire Station #3 at 3800 N Commerce Dr. Atlanta, GA 30349
- East Point Fire Station #4 at 2222 Ben Hill Rd. Atlanta, GA 30344
- East Point Fire Station #2 at 3171 Norman Berry Dr. East Point, GA 30344
- Buford: The Buford Senior Center at 2755 Sawnee Ave.
- Duluth: Shorty Howell Park Activity Building at 2750 Pleasant Hill Road
- Norcross: Best Friend Park Gym at 6224 Jimmy Carter Blvd
- Snellville: Centerville Senior Center at 3025 Bethany Church Road
- Lawrenceville: Lawrenceville Senior Center at 225 Benson St.